Things to do in Manchester & North England
A city that has reinvented itself since its industrial past and is ever-evolving, Manchester is a buzzing city popular for shopping, theatre-going and major sporting and music events.
Famous not only for its two major football stadiums, themselves a massive draw to the city, but also for its array of trendy bars, endless shopping opportunities and huge and varied Christmas markets.
Also an established venue for the biggest and best in popular and classical music artists as well as top comics and West End shows, there need never be a dull moment in Manchester.
Further afield, the beautiful villages and dales of the Peak District National Park and the towns and beaches that make up England’s East coast are easily reached by car or train.
Local attractions – just round the corner:
- Bridgewater Hall (classical music)
- Musuem of Science & Industry (science musuem)
- Phones4U Arena (pop concerts, stand up tours etc.)
- Manchester Cornerhouse Cinema (art films)
- The Etihad Stadium (home to Manchester City Football Club)
- People's History Museum (history museum)
- O2 Apollo Manchester (concerts)
- Urbis (urban art)
Local attractions – ideal for day trips:
- Alport Castles (natural Peak District feature)
- The Pavillion Gardens, Buxton (visitor attraction)
- Tatton Park (historic estate)
- Blue Planet Aquairium